Welcome to Heart n Soul’s SoundLab guide
This short film should give you a sense of the project.
This guide has been designed to be as practical as possible. You can read the guide step by step by following the links at the bottom of each article, or you can just select the bit you want to read from the right hand side of the screen.
At the bottom of each article is place where you can comment and ask questions.
We think this guide will be useful for:
- people with learning disabilities that want to make music - check out our favourite apps here
- arts organisations that are interested in doing something different with sound and music
- learning and participation teams
- charities working in the learning disability field
- health organisations looking for new participatory models
- technologists and artists looking to create better digital music making/sound experiences
- musical facilitators looking to find out more about digital methods for enabling expressivity
- practitioners and teachers at special and mainstream schools
- arts funders and commissioners
We hope our guide will:
- help people create digital music and sound making experiences
- help get more people creatively expressing themselves through music and sound
- inspire confidence and new approaches to working with people with learning disabilities with the result of improved understanding for everyone.
- point to some of the best tools and show how they can be used .
- be a practical guide to the methods and tech configurations we have successfully used in SoundLab